Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points. Use WiFi scanner to select the best configuration for your WiFi access point / router and optimize network speed.
Also includes upload and download speed testing to quickly measure and analyze WiFi Internet performance problems.
Using WiFi Scanner you’ll see nearby wireless access points and their details, including channels, signal levels (RSSI), noise, channel width, and MAC address, signal quality, maximum data rate, encryption, and much more.
WiFi Scanner is great for determining the best position for an access point at home or in the office. After selecting the best position, the optimal channel to use can be determined by selecting the least used channel resulting in improved WiFi speeds.
- Simple, fast wireless network discovery of 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac access points.
- Full support for both 2.4 and 5 GHz networks
- Support for all channel bandwidths (20, 40, 80, and 160 MHz)
- Display detailed wireless network parameters: network name (SSID), signal level (RSSI), MAC address (BSSID), signal quality, channel, maximum data rate, encryption, etc.
- Display changes in signal level over time in graphical form.
- Filter list of detected wireless networks by specified parameters (SSID/network name, channel, channel band, signal strength)
- Display wireless connection statistics in the form of graphs and tables.
WiFi Speed Testing
- Upload and download WiFi speed testing
- Use speed testing feature to troubleshoot WiFi networks
- Auto run speed test when client roams to different access point
- Auto repeat speed test with wait time between tests
- To test locally, follow the instructions on this link
Advanced Features (supported by some access points)
- Display access point name if configured by network administrator
- Display number of devices connected to each access point
- Display channel utilization
- Display if 802.11r is enabled and type
- Display if WiFi protection mechanisms are enabled
Help and Support